|Title:||Heavy Construction/Equipment Mechanic|
North Houston Pole Line was founded in 1970 to primarily perform overhead distribution work in Houston. The company offers a full range of power and telecommunication utility services. From 250-plus feet overhead to 20-plus feet underground, North Houston Pole Line can provide all of its customer’s utility needs. Additionally, it provides substations, transmission, distribution, power duct bank, telecommunications and gas services.
North Houston Pole Line is a subsidiary of Quanta Services, which offers a range of specialized contracting services that include the design, installation, maintenance and repair of virtually every type of network infrastructure. Quanta delivers end-to-end network solutions for the electric power, telecommunications, broadband cable and gas pipeline industries.
Job Title: Heavy Construction/Equipment Mechanic
- Responsible for proper maintenance and repair of our fleet of heavy duty trucks, specialized utility equipment, heavy equipment and pickups.
- Possess writing skills to properly document repairs made.
- Road test, inspect and troubleshoot heavy duty trucks and equipment to assess condition and diagnose repairs.
- Typical repairs would include working on engines, transmissions, electrical, hydraulic, chassis, drive-lines, brakes, wheels, and undercarriages..
- Diagnose issues with hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Work in conjunction with other shop and jobsite personnel..
- Able to work 45-50 hours per week.
- Non-Union position.
- 5+ years experience as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic, including diesel trucks
Required License or Certifications:
- CDL Class A