|Title:||High Voltage Transmission - Project Manager|
North Houston Pole Line was founded in 1970 to primarily perform overhead distribution work in Houston. The company offers a full range of power and telecommunication utility services. From 250-plus feet overhead to 20-plus feet underground, North Houston Pole Line can provide all of its customer’s utility needs. Additionally, it provides substations, transmission, distribution, power duct bank, telecommunications, and gas services.
North Houston Pole Line is a subsidiary of Quanta Services, which offers a range of specialized contracting services that include the design, installation, maintenance and repair of virtually every type of network infrastructure. Quanta delivers end-to-end network solutions for the electric power, telecommunications, broadband cable and gas pipeline industries.
Job Title: High Voltage Transmission – Project Manager
(Multiple Positions Available)
Location: Houston, Texas
North Houston Pole Line is seeking an experienced High Voltage Transmission Construction Project Manager.
Job duties, expectations and responsibilities include the following:
- Must have in depth experience and possess a working knowledge of High Voltage Transmission Line Construction with practical application. Projects may range in voltage up to 500kV
- Attend customer pre-bid meetings, project walk-downs or conferences when required
- Participate in bid review and client proposals to ensure accuracy of bid and evaluate project feasibility; work with estimating team to develop bid schedule
- Participate in and support Proposal development for large projects
- Upon project award, support smooth exchange of project details from Estimating to Operations and Project Management Team
- Coordinate with estimator and project controls group to establish and manage project budget(s)
- Coordinate with customer, project sponsor, manager of construction and project team to develop comprehensive plan for start-up and successful kick-off.
- Responsibility for the overall guidance, direction, completion, and financial success of a project or group of projects
- Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs between Customers Representatives, Superintendents, Construction Managers and Subcontractors to ensure work is accomplished in an efficient, profitable, and safe manner
- Manage projects in coordination with Project Controls Manager, Operations Team and Controller to ensure tracking of progress and performance against project construction baseline schedule
- Develop and maintain Project Baseline and Critical Path Schedules
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, inspectors, etc., providing customer service to develop long-term partnerships with client base.
- Coordinate efforts with customers, suppliers, and manager of construction to allocate and assign resources to meet project schedule.
- Prepare, submit, and respond to RFIs as required.
- Ensure construction meets all quality control standards ensuring compliance with client specifications and contractual requirements
- Prepare monthly internal and client project reports, invoicing, UVLs
- Manage customer communications throughout the project lifecycle
- Possess ability to review, comprehend and comply with multiple customer contracts
- Embrace, support and foster compliance with company safety program and initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
Additional Skills & Desirable Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of personal computers and software applications with MS office application proficiency – including but not limited to Word, Microsoft Project, Power Point and Excel
- Primavera proficiency not required - but excellent
- Demonstrated skills in written communications; ability to compose basic as well as complex technical documents, formal letters, invoices
- Demonstrated skills in oral communications
- Experience working directly with customers in the development of Transmission Lines projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational, planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated negotiating and decision-making skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Team Player
- Excellent supervisory communication and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of project accounting practices and financial systems
- Experience driven understanding of Fixed Price, Time & Equipment, Cost Plus and Unit Contracts
- Self-motivated, self-learner, capable of working autonomously with ability to work well under pressure, respond appropriately to changing priorities and unexpected situations
- Ability to maintain and protect confidential information
- Accommodate occasional travel schedule as required for pre-bid or project progress reviews
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing additional tasks as needed