|Title:||Sr. Civil-Structural Designer|
|Location:||Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex, TX|
NorthStar Energy Services offers engineering, procurement, project management, construction management, and consulting solutions to clients in the energy, petrochemical, and process industries. Our clients include oil & gas processing and transportation, refining, chemical, renewable, and industrial gases companies. Our team of professionals, from junior engineers to senior technical experts, have experience in applicable process technologies, program management, conceptual and design engineering, construction management, commissioning, and start-up.
JOB TITLE: Sr. Civil - Structural Designer
NorthStar Energy Services is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Civil-Structural Designer to join the Professional Engineering Consulting team located in Arlington, Texas. The successful candidate will work alongside an experienced team of designers and professional engineers who specialize in Energy Projects.
The Civil Designer for this position will be responsible for civil and structural design deliverables of concurrent projects from concept design through to the successful completion of various drawing issuances and submission of final project as-built drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- DESIGN for Sr. Structural Designer
- Generate 3D models of foundation and structural steel scope deliverables utilizing CADWorx Structure 2018 or later versions
- Ability to independently create 3D models and detailed engineering drawings from concept sketches and design calculations
- Assist with the coordination of 3D model activities, i.e. input, interference reconciliation, etc. with other physical related disciplines,
- Interface with stress and pipe support engineers, construction, and suppliers during the preparation of civil-structural designs for the purpose of model/space control, etc.
- Assist Engineers in reviewing shop fabrication steel drawings
- Proficient in Navisworks software for design reviews
- Civil Deliverables
- Site development drawings such as grading plans, drainage plans, erosional control plans, fencing plans, and site-specific permitting
- Driveway and access road details.
- Structural Deliverables
- Concrete detail and location plan drawings of support foundations for various piping arrangements
- Concrete detail drawings of support foundations for heavy and lightly loaded equipment including but not limited to, electrical stands, electrical buildings, rotating equipment, process equipment (separators, meter skids, etc.) and tanks.
- Structural detail and location plan drawings of equipment skids, platforms, pipe rack and cable trays
- Demolition drawings
- Rebar schedules, material take-off, and structural bill-of-materials
- Civil Deliverables
- DELIVERABLE MANAGEMENT
- Research, review, and application of Company Standards, Municipality Requirements, and Regulatory Codes
- Perform independent QA/QC of drawing deliverables
- Verify structural and site-development layout meets project design intent
- Support Professional Engineers during project design phase (standards review, gather calculation inputs, gather permitting requirements, and other engineering activities) as needed
- Coordinate and communicate project-specific deliverables with team members of all disciplines
- Review of other discipline drawings to ensure drawings are properly illustrated
- Perform field related work to obtain design information and verify designs for tie-ins as needed
- Review and respond to RFI’s throughout project-life
- Review of third-party vendor drawings to ensure compatibility with intended design
- US citizen or Permanent Resident Card holder
- Select Candidates will be required to participate in an in-person computer-based test as part of the technical interview process
- SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to react promptly and efficiently shift priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a variety of sources including team members, project managers, and other disciplines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and presentation skills.
- Capability to conduct independent research into project-related issues and products.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the following software/programs:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge in the application of Codes and Standards, including but not limited to:
- ACI 318
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelors’ degree in Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering