|Title:||Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer - Arlington|
NorthStar Energy Services offers engineering, procurement, project management, construction management, and consulting solutions to clients in the energy, petrochemical, and process industries. Our clients include oil & gas processing and transportation, refining, chemical, polymers, and industrial gases companies.
NorthStar has offices in Houston and Arlington, Texas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Our core employees have worked together for more than fifteen years, executing and managing projects around the country. Our team of professionals, from junior engineers to senior technical experts, has experience in applicable process technologies, program management, conceptual and design engineering, construction management, commissioning and start-up.
The Arlington, TX office focuses on Engineering and Project Management in the oil & gas industry. We do detail engineering for all phases of oil and gas facilities including pipelines, pump/compressor stations, meter stations, pipeline terminals and gas processing plants.
Job Title: ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER - to provide electrical, instrumentation, and controls engineering support for client projects involving oil and gas facilities.
Successful candidate is proficient in a broad range of electrical and instrumentation engineering and design related to oil and gas transportation and processing facilities and can exhibit the capability to:
- Work with designers to develop I&E design deliverables such as electrical site plans, conduit plans, wiring diagrams, one-line diagrams, control diagrams, motor schematics, PLC layout/termination drawings, wire schedules, lighting panel schedules, electrical equipment installation details, etc.
- Review and develop P&ID diagrams.
- Prepare cost and resource estimates and track I&E design efforts against budgets and expected progress.
- Participate in internal and client meetings to develop project requirements, define delivery schedules, and report progress.
- Provide sizing, selection, specifications and installation guidelines for instrumentation and electrical devices and systems while ensuring compliance with established engineering and client standards.
- Evaluate equipment and instrument bids.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis for technical solutions.
- Interface as necessary with Company engineering, project management, drafting and purchasing, as well as outside consultant engineering firms, inspection, and operations personnel.
- Perform on-site factory acceptance testing of major electrical equipment and process skids.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineering License desirable but not required.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in I&E design for gas and/or liquid pipeline, petrochemical plants or petroleum terminal facilities.
- Must be able to coordinate effectively with a wide range of technical, analytical and managerial personnel, function with minimal direction and excel at customer relations.
- Must be willing to travel to the job site and meet with clients and construction personnel to scope the project and provide engineering support as necessary.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of control and communications systems, particularly in the oil and gas systems.
- Ability to read, understand and develop control loop drawings, P&IDs, and electrical schematics.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the design of electrical installations meeting requirements for Class 1 Group C, D hazardous areas.
- Experienced in handling multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritizing tasks.
- Have a broad knowledge of industry standards (NEC, ISA, API, IEEE, NFPA, IEC, etc.).