|Title:||NSES - Arlington Civil/Structural Designer|
NorthStar Energy Services offers engineering, procurement, project management, construction management, and consulting solutions to clients in the energy, petrochemical, agriculture, pharmaceutical and process industries. Our clients include oil & gas processing and transportation, refining, chemical, polymers, and industrial gases companies.
NorthStar has offices in Houston, Texas, Arlington, Texas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Our core employees have worked together for more than fifteen years, executing and managing projects around the country. Our team of professionals, from junior engineers to senior technical experts, has experience in applicable process technologies, program management, conceptual and design engineering, construction management, commissioning and start-up.
The Arlington, TX location, focuses on Engineering and Project Management in oil & gas industry. We do detail engineering for Midstream companies on Pipelines, Pumps, Compressor & Meter Stations, Tank Farms, Gas Plants, and Dehydration Units.
Job Title: Civil/Structural Designer
- Coordinate project civil/structural activities including in house and vendor information with process, piping, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation disciplines.
- Independently develop CAD drawings from sketches with minimal supervision for concrete foundation, and structural steel.
- Perform field related work, collect design information, verify designs for tie-ins and any other on-site assistance during startup or construction support.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience a must in providing civil/structural drawings using AutoCAD in oil and gas industry, preferably CADWorx as the main software.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in AutoCad 2D drafting & 3D modeling - CADWorx 2014 and later preferred.
- Develops design drawings according to engineering sketches and proposal specifications.
- Experience in Autocad 3D modeling is required. Utilize 3D modeling software tools to generate structural design schematics
- Five or more years of detailed design experience in the development of structural steel design and reinforced concrete design drawings
- Experience in providing foundation drawings for pumps, pipe supports, cable tray, pipe rack, equipment, etc.
- Experience in the review of structural layout drawings involving steel frames, connections, concrete members, equipment and piping supports, foundations, and rebar detailing
- Experience in providing structural steel drawings and details for cable tray support, pipe racks, access platform etc.
- Ability to interface with engineering and design teams of other disciplines.
- Occasionally field trip to the site to collect data might be required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written as well as presentation skill.
- Must have positive attitude and willing to work overtime as needed
- Strong work ethic and ability to establish priorities, handle project assignments and work tasks with varying lead times and multiple steps to ensure all commitments are met.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision and work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.